AAWE is a non-profit volunteer association of American women who, as permanent residents of France, share interests specific to bicultural living. AAWE’s mission is to:
- support its members at all stages of life
- provide information relevant to their evolving needs, including bilingualism, education, citizenship, voting and legal rights
- create bonds, lifelong friendships and support networks
- maintain American cultural heritage and promote its transmission to members’ children
- contribute to the wider community through public events, publications and community service
- encourage cross-cultural understanding.