AAWE is a non-profit volunteer association of American women who, as long-term or permanent residents of France, share interests specific to bicultural living.
AAWE's mission is to:
- support its members at all stages of life;
- provide information relevant to their evolving needs, including bilingualism, education, citizenship, voting and legal rights;
- create bonds, lifelong friendships and support networks;
- maintain American cultural heritage and promote its transmission to members' children;
- contribute to the wider community through public events, publications and community service;
- encourage cross-cultural understanding.
AAWE's vision is to be the reference for women with strong American ties looking for a cultural home,
an advocacy base, an information source, a support and social network, and an avenue for community service.
AAWE is a member of FAWCO, (Federation of American Women's Clubs Overseas) an NGO in Special
Consultative Status with the UN Economic and Social Council